An oil catch tank/ can is used in turbo applications, or high-performance racing applications where excessive blow-by (leakage past the piston rings) of air and fuel vapor occurs. This creates a positive pressure in the crankcase. During engine operation, blow-by gases, as well as oil mist from the rotating components of the engine, pass through the PCV valve and are routed back into the intake for the engine to burn off. However, some of the oil mist and other by-products settle along the engine intake and over time form a gunk. The oil catch tank collects such oil mist and condenses the fuel vapors while allowing cleaner gases to be passed back into the intake.
Specifics and Features:
- Separates oil particles from PCV/CCV air using 50 micron bronze filter
- 100% billet 6061 aluminum sealed can
- Defends intercooler, intake system, and essential components from oil blow-by
- Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation
- Features one inlet and one outlet
- Filter and can are both fully serviceable
- Safe for pressurized applications
- Internal air diverter increases air turbulence to improve oil separation
- Includes 2 Aluminum barbed hose fittings
- Bracket for Installation
- High Performance Tubing
- Connection for the CCV Heater
EVERYTHING is included to install on ALH TDI engines.